Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Foo.

Fact: I have cheated. But I don't feel bad. I mean, I kind of do, but not like "it's all over, I suck yadayadayada." I've kept up with one very specific goal this week and I feel awesome about it. So I'm going to stay/feel positive.

I worked out four times this week. Each time I spent 33 minutes on the elliptical machine (it has a weight loss program that automatically turns to 28 minutes of work out and 5 minutes of cool down.) and each time I felt proud of myself. I still do. I think anyone who works out after a full day of work deserves a FLIPPING MEDAL. It is so hard to work out at the end of the day. But I did it. On top of it, I set my alarm for a Saturday (albeit 10:00 lol) and worked out before a baby shower. I got up today, on a Sunday and worked out again.

Today was the easiest of the workout days. I borrowed Mac's ipod and put on music, and seeing as the other times this week I worked out with no music, today felt like a breeze. I've never experienced a half an hour go by so quickly. I love getting suggestions from people concerning food, snacks, work out routines, tricks, drinks, etc. so here comes mine. Foo Fighters.

Of all of the things Mac has done for me in our relationship, introducing me to Foo Fighters has been life changing. No, just kidding. But really, they are an outstanding rock band, and we saw them this past fall. It's the only concert I've ever cried at (almost at U2). Dave Grohl, the lead singer also preached (lightly) about how he wishes kids would put down computers and pick up guitars. Music to my ears, literally. They played for 3 solid hours with no breaks and the stamina was amazing. So, today, I repeatedly listened to two of my favorite Foo songs. (I have a very poor habit of listening to songs on repeat. This drives friends, roommates and family crazy, as most people do not enjoy the repeat button.) Walk and Times Like These. Youtube, Itunes or Spotify them now. They, along with Lady Gaga (I am so all over the place sometimes) got me through my workout today and made it enjoyable. These songs are also somewhat fast, so they keep my feet moving. "Walk" is probably set at a quarter note = 140 and "Times Like These" is close behind. To any non music-dork out there, that means that your speed on an elliptical will read as such if you're moving to the beat. Check out the strides per minute. If you're going to the beat of the song, you're probably going along with a quarter note on a metronome. While I am not comfortable going that fast consistently yet, I don't let myself go below 100 strides per minute. That means I try to keep myself at about two strides per second, or 120. (60 seconds in a minute, just double it.)

Ok, enough with the music geek lesson. I'm just explaining what works for me. :)

Monday 1/30

* baby bell cheese
* 1 serving cinnamon toast crunch
* diet coke
* 1/2 bowl of light chx noodle progresso soup
* 1 package cheezeits
* diet coke
* 33 minutes on elliptical, 28 work out, 5 cool down, 360 calories burned
* baby bell cheese
* carrots, celery and dip
* triskets
* about 20 m&ms
* 1/2 bowl steamed, then fried rice with egg, light soy sauce and shrimp sauce

Tuesday 1/31
* 1 serving fruit loops
* 3 graham crackers
* light progresso vegetable soup
* 3 diet cokes
* 2 small boxes of raisins
* 6 pieces of colby cheese
* 6 wheat crackers
* mac & cheese, uch the whole box
* 1 cup chicken salad
* 7 m&ms


Wednesday 2/1
* strawberry breakfast bread
* 1 package cheeze its
* 1 cup chicken salad
* 2 diet cokes
* 4 nutter butter cookies
* 33 mins on eliptical (28 hard, 5 cool down, 361 calories)
* raw veggies with thousand island dressing
* grilled tuna with lemon juice, salt and pepper
* bowl of wheat pasta with 1 Tbs. butter, salt, pepper and parm cheese
* 1 1/2 oatmeal cookies

Thursday 2/2
* 1 serving cheerios
* 2 diet cokes
* 1 package special K cracker chips (110 calories, not too bad)
* banana
* 1 cup chicken noodle soup
* 3 pieces cheese
* 3 wheat crackers
* chicken parm (1/2 breast, 1 cup pasta)
* 3 rolls with oil/bruschetta
* 2 diet cokes
* 1 glass white wine
* cheesecake
* m&ms
Okay, Mac and I went with his boss to dinner at Timpano's in Rockville... it's AMAZING.

Friday 2/3
* 1 serving silver dollar pancakes (packaged from school)
* diet coke
* leftover chx parm
* diet coke
* cheese and crackers
* raw veggies and dip
* m&ms

Saturday 2/4
* 33 mins on elliptical (361 calories)
* bowl of cheerios with cut up banana and skim milk
* diet pepsi
* 3 mini cucumber/cream cheese sandwiches (hello I was at a baby shower)
* cut up fruit
* salad with balsamic vin.
* 2 hershey kisses
* 1 small choc cake lollipop
* 1 cupcake
* iced tea
* cheese and crackers (about 4 of each)
* i finished the m&ms
*1 cup chx salad
* 2 diet cokes
* 5 wheat crackers
* 1 cup ice cream with choc sauce

Sunday 2/5
* 33 mins on eliptical
* salad with light italian dressing (honestly as good as regular, and I don't usually advocate light anything)
* still in the middle of sunday... will update later

My goal this coming week is to keep up the workouts... 4 times per week and "cheat less." Good thing I ate all those damn m&ms.



1 comment:

  1. Ok-did not know that they still do the cucumber sandwiches but many things are now retro!!
    good job this week-My recommendation today is to try to set a goal for March 1st the M&M's are gone -not you and Mac but you know the little colored circles!!I would try to sse the goal to reach 199 by March 1st-it may seem very far reaching but I know that you could do it and then another 15 by April 1st and you would feel pumped-I will help you all the way--what better way to welcome Spring than you getting closer to that original goal of thin by Thirty!!!Love you dear and thanks for these great Blogs-when you retire- you must write!!

    ReplyDelete