Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bleh.

I've gained and lost a couple pounds. We went to Minneapolis last weekend to visit some really good friends, and well, it was zero degrees. That's what we wanted though. We went ice fishing, and went to the national pond hockey championship and ate and drank. The equivalent of a Philly Cheesesteak in Minneapolis is called the Jucy Lucy. It's a burger stuffed with cheese. OMG.

That's right, we ate that. It was pretty good too. Sadly, that burger was our third meal in one day and it wasn't even 6:00. OMG. I was not shocked to learn I'd gained a couple pounds upon our return to MD. I'm really glad we don't do that every weekend for health reasons alone.

Let me explain one thing I learned at Jenny Craig, which was a very valuable lesson. You can splurge once a week. A splurge is a piece of cake, a glass of wine or two, etc. A treat. When you're trying to lose weight, that splurge is only supposed to happen ONCE a week.

Since I've started blogging again, I've not been very good about working out. I've been really good about eating healthily during the school day and packing a decent breakfast and lunch. Sometimes at home, I'm not so good. Sometimes I care and sometimes I don't.

I feel like I'm undoing the good work I do during my school days when I either get home or over the past couple weekends. Instead of one splurge, I have splurged all weekend. I had a pampered chef party Friday night and probably had at least 5 or 6 Blue Moons. I ate veggies, homemade salsa, brittle and crackers. And turkey cockdoggies out of the crockpot. Last night Tim and Karen came over and Tim and Mac made sushi. I don't like sushi, but I tried it, and they did a really good job. We were hosting and socializing, so I drank some red wine. I ate veggies, cockdoggies and brittle again. So all those lean cuisines and clementines and yogurt and raisins and veggies I had during the week. Undone. I'm not being too hard on myself, but every weekend shouldn't be like this.

My job is tough. It just is. I'm super grateful for a full time job, but it's tough and rough and sometimes I laugh and sometimes I cry. After one instance this week at work, I wanted to work out immediately I was so jacked up. But I couldn't, because I was at work. By the time I got home, I was tired and took a nap. How do I keep that motivation until a point where I can actually get to the gym? I think I took a nap instead of eating. A defense mechanism if you will. That seems a little odd though.

During the week, I mean to go to the gym. I am supposed to come home and INSTANTLY change into workout clothes. Do not go near the couch. It will hug you and not let you up until it's dinner time. Alright fine, so let's say I don't workout during the week, which, this past week, I didn't work out. I didn't do videos either.

Ok, I'll work out on the weekend. Right. The days I am LIVING FOR all week. The days of sleeping in and no makeup and not leaving the house if I don't want to. If I do leave the house, it's for something social and fun and I do my makeup and hair and feel pretty. It's Sunday, and I actually think Mac and I will go to the gym in a little bit, making my workout 1 for 7 this week. Uber fail. My favorite weekend activity is taking a nap on the couch with Mac, while he plays video games. According to him, I'm very peaceful during my naps. That's a lovely way of saying I'm quiet.

I guess ultimately, I'm being inconsistent. Allow me to demonstrate.

* Over the summer, I lost weight.
* Right now, I am not losing weight.
* Over the summer, I journaled everything I ate.
* Right now, I am not journaling.
* Over the summer, I worked out at least four times per week.
* Right now, I am not working out four times per week.
* Over the summer, I had one small splurge per day, i.e. a small piece of chocolate.
* Right now my splurges are too big and too often.
* Over the summer, I only drank two diet sodas per day.
* Right now, I sometimes drink more than that, although they are diet.
* During Jenny Craig, I ate fruit at night for a sweet treat.
* Right now, I ate too many clementines and now I have ulcers. Hmph.
* During Jenny Craig, and the summer, my excuses were bs.
* Right now, my excuses are still bs.

Well, I guess I will try to do this for real. I vow to try to do the following: journal, work out at least 4 times per week, eat healthily all day long, splurge sparingly, only have two sodas per day and when I do blog, write consistently, for this jumbled mess will do no one any good.

1 comment:

  1. You can do this and today is the 29th--a reminder that July 29th is the big day for you====30!!!!!!You can have great will power and you can do it!! If daddy can quit smoking, you can be thin by 30! YOU have to decide and even though a week end comes-that does not mean that you have to cheat to eat! Easter is in almost two months-set smaller goals first and it will be easier to reach those goals! I am with you 100% and another 100% THIN BY THIRTY
    is going to be a wonderful birthday present to yourself!!GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Megan!!!!I love you!!!Mom

    ReplyDelete