Saturday, July 9, 2011

Why can't I run straight on a treadmill?

I absolutely hate running.  I like the idea of it, and I am in awe when people either tell me they run, or they are running for a race or something.  I am also in awe when I see people running on treadmills.  You see, I've tried it, and I bounce off of the sides like some sort of cracked out pinball machine.  I wish I liked running, and then maybe if I did, I'd look like those people running on treadmills (generally decent figures).

Ok, past few days have been successful...


Wednesday, July 6, 2011 (continued from earlier blog)
  •  triskets with bruschetta
  • salad w/croutons and thousand island dressing
  • 3 pieces american cheese
  • 1 diet coke
  • 1 piece (off mac's plate) chx. w/buttermilk ranch rub
  • 1 cup strawberries with sugar sprinkled
All in all, not a bad day!

Thursday, July 7, 2011 (down 1 lb. from yesterday)
  • woke up @ 10:20
  • 1 C. golden grahams
  • panera tuna salad sandwich on whole grain bread (only added cheddar cheese)
  • 1 diet pepsi
  • 4 slices peppercorn turkey
  • 4 slices american cheese
  • reduced fat wheat thins as snack
  • apple & peanut butter
  • 1 diet coke
This day was alright.  Bad news: no work out, ate out for lunch.  Good news and personal triumphs: did not eat the chips at panera that are so good, did not visit mrs fields or godiva at pottery barn while working.  Anyone who works at white flint mall knows buying a snack that is healthy there is IMPOSSIBLE. 

Friday, July 8, 2011 (down 1 lb. from yesterday)
  • woke up @ 11:30 bc I am a bum
  • fast walked 1.25 mile on treadmill
  • 1/2 chx breast with that buttermilk ranch rub
  • 1 diet coke
  • 1 1/4 cup golden grahams as snack
  • hibachi chx for dinner, did not eat all of it, and then I felt sick.
  • 1 diet coke
Cons: Woke up too late and am afraid of falling into lazy summer days.  Did not eat breakfast, as it is hard for me to eat first thing in the morning, and then I had to go to work. 
Pros: Worked out.  Again with no snacks at White Flint.  (Anyone who works at PB will tell you that frosted cookies are like heaven and choco. covered oreos are pretty good too.)


Side note: I'm no longer detailing water, because that's getting a little ridiculous to record.  I drink water all the time.  Maybe all this is too, but so far, I'm happy, so I'll stick with it

Saturday, July 9, 2011 (down 3 lbs. from yesterday!!!)

Since I'm writing this on Saturday, before I've had a chance to do anything yet, I'll describe this day in another blog.  But HUGE NEWS: I am down 7 lbs.  While that is really exciting to see on a scale, I'm trying to remember a couple really important things...
  • My weight was/is at such a not good point, that it is possible to lose so much so quickly.
  • This will not continue the whole time.
  • I am not going to look different.  Yet.  (although I keep looking in the mirror expecting to)
  • These past few days have not been miserable.
  • This is a good summer project for me, as I need/like to be busy.
  • I still need to work on three solid meals per day.
  • I need to up it at the gym.  Seriously, fast walking is not the cardio I had in mind... I used to work out, like 1/2 hr on elliptical machines to tunes like "Mama Kin" (Aerosmith) where the pace is FAST, then do weights, then run 1 mile on treadmill.  That's the cardio I'll try to get back to.

Ok, I've got to do well today, because tomorrow and Mac's and my first anniversary, and we are having a big breakfast, and going out somewhere really good for dinner (I don't know where, but I predict I'll probably have red wine, steak and some sort of delicious side.).  Also, we have our wedding cake in the freezer.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment