Monday, July 25, 2011

Dear collar bone: I miss you.

Collar bone, oh collar bone, where art thou collar bone? 

Oh that's right.  Underneath insulation.
(Totally cheesy, but whatever.)


I can't stand that I can't see my collar bone right now.  I also can't stand models that walk down the runway with a collar bone that makes you think of that line from My Big Fat Greek Wedding, "I could snap you like a chicken!"  I actually googled several images of such models to show an example, but in my opinion, it's too sad to look at them.  Dude, I don't want to see your ribs.  Or mine.  Just my collar bone.

I think I was a size 10 in this picture.  (Don't you see a tiny collar bone though?!)  I actually don't have a weight goal in mind, because I can't wrap my head around a number right now.  I know I would like to be a size 10, and I am a 16 now.  I think it's attainable, I think that's a very good and healthy fit for my frame, and it's not that scary to imagine.  Hopefully, I'm on the way and my body won't stop itself at like a 14 or something.  Because, I'm not blogging just to come up with a 14.  Please.


Friday, July 22, 2011 (down 2 lbs. from yesterday)
  • bowl of cheerios with skim milk
  • 1 diet coke
  • 4 pieces peppercorn turkey
  • 3 pieces american cheese
  • saltines
  • work out on elliptical - about 30 mins, burn approx. 300 calories/72 leg lifts
  • junior size burrito from moe's with chicken, cheese and small amount of rice
  • 1 cup tortilla chips with about 1/8 cup queso
  • small popcorn @ movies
  • 1 diet coke
  • 1 box junior mints
Saturday, July 23, 2011 (down 1 lb. from yesterday)
  • bowl of cheerios with skim milk
  • bowl of tuna macaroni salad
  • 1 diet coke
  • work out on elliptical - 30 mins/300 calories/72 leg lifts
  • saltines
  • 1 diet coke
  • stir fry - chicken, stir fry frozen veggies (better with fresh, but we worked w/what we had), light soy sauce and terriyaki sauce, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper
  • edamame
  • approx. 2 cups white steamed rice
  • mint choc. chip water ice (like 1/2 the freaking quart, uhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
Sunday, July 24, 2011 (down 1 lb. from yesterday)
  • 1 cup dry cheerios
  • 1 diet coke
  • go to Eastern Market with Mary and sweat all the wine we are about to drink OFF.  (Seriously, anyone who lives in DC... it was so fun!  Also picked up onions, corn, peaches and fresh green beans.)
  • 3 glasses of white wine (after guzzling water)
  • tomatoes and mozzarella w/basil
  • italian meats and cheese (pepperoni, salami, etc.)
  • lots of bread with oil
  • edamame (@ home)
  • the other half of the mint choc. chip water ice.  
The GREAT news is that I am 13 lbs. down.  The good news is that since I shoved all the water ice down my collar-not-showing-bone body, I have no more to eat.  And Rita's doesn't make it everyday.  Phewf.  Also, when looking back at this week, I notice that I was able to work out 5 days, and the weight seemed to come off a little more easily.  And, I think my muffin-top is getting smaller.  Gross.  Truth hurts, but gross.  I'm determined not to buy any more clothes, so those of you who see me and notice the muffin top, please excuse me for it.  I know it's not fashion-forward.  I'm working on it.  And the collar bone.  

Note to self:  Megan, when you come back and read this later, as you are neurotic and often do, and you think it's smooth-sailing, take a look at that recent picture on facebook from supper club.  (Can't figure out how to copy it to blog.)  Hmph.

2 comments:

  1. Disclaimer, of course. There's nothing wrong with a size 14 at ALL. Some people look amazing at that size. I think my body should be smaller though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan! Just a little ITB love here for working so hard. PS- looking at your pictures below, I do not think you look that much different, especially with your smiling face. My face always puffs out like a water balloon when I gain even a few pounds. I have also been doing a lot of hiking in this heat which has helped some weight come off. Just a little encouragement for putting it out there and sticking to your goals!

    ReplyDelete