Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

This past Sunday was Mac's and my first anniversary, so lots of cheating went on, and I was totally fine with it.  I actually think it doesn't even pale in comparison to days like Thanksgiving or Christmas, so there.  :)


Saturday, July 9, 2011 (down 3 lbs. from yesterday!!!)
  • slept in way late, like 12:30 PM
  • 1 1/4  cup golden grahams
  • 1 diet coke
  • 2 servings goldfish
  • small popcorn @ movies (go see horrible bosses, i laughed for about 3 hours)
  • junior mints
  • 1 diet coke
Clearly, a horrible day.  The only real meal I had was Golden Grahams?!  Really, I wasn't hungry most of the day, and sometimes, that happens.  Mac wasn't either, and then it's practically impossible to go to the movies on a Saturday night and not get popcorn and candy.  That would be silly.  :)  The day wasn't so bad as far as over-eating, but health-wise, yikes.


Sunday, July 10, 2011 (down 2 lbs. from yesterday)
  • DISCLAIMER ~ ANNIVERSARY!!!
  • Einstein bagel with cream cheese
  • Chocolate chip coffee cake
  • 1 diet coke (gotta love that I'm drinking diet coke with the above)
  • 1 serving goldfish
on to dinner at Rays the Steaks, amazing restaurant in Arlington, sister restaurant to Rays the Classics in Silver Spring

  • Cracked pepper cashews
  • 1 bacon wrapped scallop
  • 2 glasses Pinot Noir
  • Caesar salad
  •  Peppercorn Filet with Au puoie (sp/?!?!?!) pepperish sauce
  • Garlic Mashed Potatoes
  • Chocolate Mousse with whipped cream and strawberries
  • wedding cake

Monday, July 11, 2011 (up 1 lb. from yesterday, shocker)
  • 1 1/4 cup of golden grahams (can you tell I'm trying to finish the box?)
  • apple
  • 1 Tbs. peanut butter
  • 1 reduced fat string cheese
  • 1 diet coke
  • 1 mile walk w/klobo around dc
  • pretzels
  • edamame
  • 1 diet coke
  • leftover filet
  • 2 pieces of godiva mint choc. chip bar (aniversary gift, these two pcs. totaled 115 calories)

Now it is Tuesday, and I am unfortunately 1 lb. up from yesterday as well.  Grr.  I'm trying to remind myself that my weight can change VERY easily.  I can gain and lose 2-3 lbs. in a day like nobody's business.  Ultimately, I am still down 7 lbs from the very beginning.  I am not hungry that often, and when my stomach does growl, I like to think that:

           a) this is working
           b) my stomach is eating away at itself
           c) having a stomach that growls is supposed to be NORMAL, not some
               freak incident

I am promising myself that the next post is going to be funny.  I'm working on coming up with smart answers to people with stupid questions about one's size.  The next post will be about getting asked, "When you are due?"  Until then, here's hoping I don't run into anyone dumb enough to ask such a question to someone from Jersey who's on a diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment