Thursday, September 27, 2012

Proof I was sick...

- I napped during the 1:00 game last Sunday, and I don't usually nap until later.
- I called out of school.
- I woke up drenched in sweat, for three days.
- I called the dr.
- My temperature at the doctor was 102.1. I almost cried when I heard that.
- The dr. said he was very sorry to see my throat so bad. His bet was strep. I almost cried again.
- Every time I tried to swallow, I winced like a baby.
- The dr. offered for me to lay down in the office bc I didn't look well enough to drive home.
- My HORSE PILLS, Clarithromycin, should be taken 2x a day for ten days.
- Six extra strength tylenol daily to keep my fever down.
- Nightmares.
- My tongue turned yellow. (Gross)
- I tried to brush the yellow off of my tongue, then when it didn't work, I chucked that toothbrush in the trash.
- There was a bad taste in my mouth that I couldn't shake. (Sorry, gross again)
- I stopped talking for about two days.
- I washed something like 5 dishes and had to take a nap, and...


.......



wait for it....




...the #1 reason I knew I was sick...





- I stopped eating. That's when you know I'm really sick. I just couldn't eat. I think I've had maybe three or four servings of soup over the past few days. That is so not my style.

The plus to all of this? I lost 4.8 pounds and can fit in my favorite jeans, a size 14, one size down. I am so excited to keep going. I can't wait to ditch the 190s. I officially hit 25 (my halfway goal) on Jenny Craig and 30 lbs. lost on my own.

The negative to all this? The warning on my antibiotics label says, and I quote, "Diarrhea may occur weeks to months after taking drug. Call doctor."

No shit I'll call the doctor. I signed up for weight loss, not some sort of upside down bulimia through strep throat meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment