Thursday, September 13, 2012

Vanity

- I love the way I look.
- All pictures of me are awesome.
- Sometimes, I look so thin I am mistaken for Heidi Klum.
- I am thrilled that my chest size is a 38DD.
- I am thrilled that my jeans are a size 16.

Guess which of those are lies? ALL OF THEM.

I'm not being tough on myself, but I am somewhat vain. I'd be lying if I said there was no vanity in all of this weight loss schmeight loss.

- I am dissatisfied with the way I look, but I am proud of my progress.
- I have only ever untagged one picture on fb, even though there are plenty of unflattering ones. Seriously, not every picture will be perfect.
- I am never mistaken for Heidi Klum, but it was kind of a nickname in German class, and I don't think I got the joke then. It was because I wore pigtails one time. Pigtails = Heidi = Heidi Klum. Something like that.
- I tried on a 36D bra last week, willing my boobs to go down. It didn't work.
- I tried on a size pair of 16 jeans. They still fit and I'm pissed. I am a size 14 in dress pants.

I wanted to post a candid picture from facebook on here. But the truth is, I can't. I want to pretend it doesn't exist. I guess I could look at it for motivation, but the truth is, it makes me a little sad, so I think I'll just ignore it. If you're friends with Mac, he was tagged in a photo from a wedding recently, and I'm not tagged in the photo. (I wasn't tagged, so I didn't untag myself.) I'm standing in the photo in a world of slouch. I'm going to go on and pretend it didn't happen, because I don't want to discourage myself, and at this very moment, I'm not strong enough to post it on here. It will be a great "before picture" hopefully. Crossing fingers.

My inches were measured today at Jenny Craig. First time since April.

Down .8" in chest.
Down 2" in waist.
UP . 2" in abdomen. (Glitch... I perhaps measured myself wrong the first time; the consultant did it today.)
Down 2.5 in hips.

And I lost a pound.

AND my amazing friend Erica graciously took the Snickers bar away from me tonight. I can't tell you how it even wound up in my bag of Jenny Craig food. Baffling. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment