Monday, July 2, 2012

How to lose .8 pound(s)

I lost .8 lb. Would you like to know how I did it? Follow these steps.

1. Get a ticket for a baseball game in MD in late June during a heat wave.
2. Go to Camden Yards and sit in the seat, in the sun for the entire game.
3. Ta Da.

Yep, I'm pretty sure the only reason I lost any weight is because I went to the baseball game. I left .8 of Megan in some seat in the outfield. I believe if there was a roof over Camden Yards, that place would have stunk to high heavens. Sweat marks on shorts, shirts and hats were acceptable. No judging. Everyone was soaked.

I also went on a walk with Mac one night and went to the gym the other day. I ate tons of bruschetta and edamame. Lots of fresh fruit too. That's where the good part ends.

Because I had popcorn. FOUR TIMES. At the movies, at the baseball game, at home watching Pulp Fiction for the first time, and again last night because I was craving salt and butter like nobody's business. Oh, and at home, I followed the popcorn with some peanut butter M&Ms. I'm rolling my eyes at myself. I lost control, but I think I have it back. Let's blame it on PMS. I may do an entire post about the truths of pms. I mean, how lovely would that be.

Bless Mac's heart too, he tried to stop me. I approached him about 15 times yesterday, telling him I wanted popcorn. "No, Megan. Be strong. It's just in your head. Go to the gym and see if that will quench your craving." 10:00 rolled around, Real Housewives of NJ came on, and I needed some popcorn. I will send the remaining kernels home with my brother in law, because they can't stay here. I WILL eat them.

Anyways, for whatever reason, I don't really NEED to have popcorn today. Or m&ms. I do have a strong desire to go to the gym, and I will once I'm done writing this post.

I also need to be careful. I didn't eat many meals last week. It was just sooooo hot, and all I wanted was bruschetta, edamame, babybel cheese and fruit. I threw out two Jenny Craig meals in the middle of eating them because they tasted bad. I'm sure two months ago they would have tasted fine, but I think I'm getting to the "sick of the food" point. I'll keep it up, but it's about that time where they encourage you to bring in your own food. Sounds good to me!

Goals for this week:
* Leave the 200s.
* Go to the gym at least 4 times.
* Eat MEALS.
* Continue to drink oodles of water.
* If brother in law doesn't want popcorn, throw away devil kernels.
* Set alarm for 10:00 AM. Stop sleeping in till PM times. You are a grown up, fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment