Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Left the 210s

The best news: I lost 3.7 pounds this week! My weight is currently 208.3. That is also the lowest I've seen in this blog so far! Good bye 220s, 210s and hopefully soon the 200s. For GOOD. I can't wait for that to happen!

The worst news: I am having some MAJOR problems with this blog! Technical problems that is. I can't get my updates done correctly, and the little updates you see have literally taken me HOURS to do. I'll wait for the page to load, press the space bar twice, leave the computer as it figures itself out and go do something else, and come back 15 minutes later to type two keys. Oi ve, it is so frustrating. I really want to show updates on the side, but please bear (bare?) with me as I deal with the internet and the computer, two of my worst enemies! :)

The good news: I have not eaten one single M&M from the candy dish. I had one about two centimeters away from my mouth Saturday night and Mac told me to stop. Good job and thank you, Mac! I have still been eating a ton of vegetables. I have not been very hungry. I am learning that I mostly ate before for flavor, not for hunger. I am optimistic. I have made lots of good choices and only a few risky choices.

The bad news: I have not worked out. I am afraid of this mentality: "I worked out, so I can eat this." I know it's mind over matter, but I don't know if I'm strong enough to tackle that yet. The other bad news is that I drank a couple times this weekend, if you could that as bad news. More bad news is that sometimes I still eat dip with raw veggies.

The confusing news: I am a stubborn person and sometimes have a habit of not understanding things. (I'm not calling myself stupid, just trying to paint a picture here...) For example, I see my brain as Earth. It is one size. It cannot grasp the concept of the entire universe. Herego, I cannot understand some things. I'm really good at math, but can't do calculus. I'm really good at music theory, but can't do 20th century form. This brain of mine gets me into trouble sometimes. My Jenny Craig consultant tells me things I don't agree with or things I can't GRASP sometimes. For example, a conversation between us...

Megan: Does edamame count as a free vegetable?
Judith: No, technically edamame counts as a meat.
Megan: What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Judith: Well, it has soy in it.
Megan: (keeps mouth shut)

I can't even begin to understand how edamame counts as a meat. Just doesn't make sense to me. Edamame is a soy bean. It grows in the ground, or from the ground. It is NOT a chicken, cow, pig or any type of animal. Meat comes from animals. Vegetables come from the ground. This is killing me. I will play along, and not eat it like it's a free vegetable, but you will probably never get me to understand that edamame is a meat just because of soy (whatever that is). That's like trying to tell me tofu is meat. I'm sorry, but what animal is tofu from again? I'm shaking my head like a rattle right now. Still blows my mind! :)

Ultimately, I am feeling pretty good. I am literally feeling better, from inside out and I'm not so bloated. I don't feel so chubby. The outside is a work in progress. :) It will come.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps she should have called it a protein instead of a meat. It is definitely not a meat, but is a source of protein!

    ReplyDelete