Thursday, August 25, 2011

Can't work out to "Silent Night"

Or The Grinch, 12 Days of Christmas, Blue Christmas, or almost any other Christmas song. But they're on my ipod, and I can't change songs. Imagine going at a good pace on the elliptical, and then hearing sleigh bells jingle. Please.

A couple years ago one of my best friends Anna sold me her ipod for really cheap, bc she didn't use it and has an Iphone. A year and a half ago, while at PB, we had a theft problem during the holiday season. Someone (not an employee) hit a couple stores in the mall, going into back rooms and rummaging through purses and whatnot. Unfortunately, my ipod was stolen. Fortunately, that was the ONLY thing. My license, debit/credit cards were all there. I kept an eye on them and I have even changed account numbers since, but really, I was pretty lucky. I chucked the purse and the wallet (bc it's weird to think some stranger's hands were in them) and a for Valentine's Day that year, Mac gave me an Ipod shuffle. It's awesome, and about the size of a key, if that. It came with headphones equipped with a button to skip to the next song, but I didn't think they were comfortable, and I think I threw them out. Now I have my comfy headphones, but can't switch songs, and why did I put Christmas songs on my Ipod anyway? I only use the Ipod on the beach and in the gym. I LOVE Christmas music, but Go Tell it on the Mountain doesn't need to play while I'm pumping iron. (Let's be clear; I don't really pump iron.)

Despite having Christmas songs playing in and out of my workouts, I've been pretty good lately at the gym. In the past five days, I've gone to work out four of them, and my legs are sore. The only negative thing I have to say is that my journaling has taken a tumble. With school starting, it's hard to keep up with what I'm eating, although I'm not doing badly. I just forget to write it down, and then at night I'm so tired, so I tell myself "I'll write it tomorrow." I'm really big on tomorrows. So this entry is going to be a little shaky in terms of accuracy.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Weight: 212 lbs.
  • yogurt with granola
  • ritz crackerful
  • salami and cheese sandwich on rye bread
  • snackwell popcorn
  • diet coke
  • head to amazing Korean bar in DC with private karaoke rooms w/Mac & his coworkers)
  • edamame
  • white rice with soy sauce
  • bad romance cocktail (just tasty)
  • 4 1/2 miller lites
  • diet coke
  • jump slice pepperoni pizza
  • 1 piece Godiva chocolate
  • 1/2 regular pepsi
Clearly, a treat night.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Weight: 209 lbs.
  • yogurt with granola
  • 1/2 hr on elliptical machine: 350 calories
  • turkey, lettuce and cheese sandwich
  • torilla chips
  • 1/2 brownie (celebrating my father in law's and my bdays a little late)
  • cake
  • diet pepsi
  • diet coke
  • mac and cheese
  • cake
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Weight: 212 lbs.
  • yogurt with granola
  • 1/2 hour on elliptical machine: 300 calories
  • diet coke
  • mini macadamia nut cookie (about 1.5 inches)
  • goldfish
  • fruit snacks (80 calories, target brand)
  • 4 slices of mini pizza
  • edamame
  • diet coke
  • 1 piece Godiva chocolate
Monday, August 22, 2011 - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!
Weight: 212 lbs.
  • ritz crackerful
  • diet coke
  • salami and cheese sandwich at 10:30 AM (my break on Mondays)
  • snackwell popcorn
  • fruit snacks
  • banana
  • 2 mini cookies from Mrs. Fields, bc after school, I worked at PB from 6-10.
  • All I remember about this day is I was exhausted and STARVING bc of how early I ate lunch.
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Weight: 210 lbs.
  • Goldfish
  • diet coke
  • turkey and cheese sandwich
  • diet coke
  • fruit snacks
  • earthquake
  • evaquate school after dismissal
  • hoping for no more shakes and head to the gym: 33 mins on elliptical, 350 calories, 20 lunges with 5 lb. weights in each hand/36 curl ups with weights in each hand/ 36 calf exercises/24 arm lifts w/ weights (where you have arms at sides, and raise them up, perpendicular to your body so you make a "T.")
  • 6 parmesan garlic wings
  • celery with ranch
  • animal crackers
  • few chocolate fudge cookies
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - No school, there was an earthquake yesterday
Weight: 210 lbs.
  • granola with yogurt
  • gym, same exercises as Tuesday, legs are SORE; that means it's working?
  • 6 leftover parmesan garlic wings
  • animal crackers
  • gold fish
  • carrots
  • mac and cheese
  • cheese hot dog (1 cut up, and 1 in bun, and that is 1, or 2, too many)
  • plain green beans
  • last bit of cake
Ok, clearly keeping this up with any sort of accuracy during the school days is going to be challenging. I feel like I've been planning my meals, but I realize several things, as usual. Not enough fruit, definitely not enough veggies. Those two need to replace some of the other snacks that can be easier to prepare. I just need to commit to prepping stuff at night so I don't have to think about it in the morning. If I don't pack my lunch at night, I won't bring lunch to school. I just never give myself enough time in the morning.

I guess it's cool that I realize the areas where I need to improve. The challenge with be actually following through with what I need to do. I'm not at a point in my weight where I should plateau, so the scale should continue to go down if I behave. Behave, Megan. And also, ask Mac to take Christmas songs off of the ipod. This is getting ridiculous.










1 comment:

  1. So I have the same challenge with snacks. When you get home and unpack the groceries, try cutting up an apple or washing grapes and putting them in tupperware containers.

    I also use plain yogurt and mix cinnamon in (with splenda or another sweetener) Cottage cheese.

    And lunch meat- ham or turkey. Easy to grab Use your slow cooker, and if you don't have one, GET ONE! Nothing beats coming home after a particularly exhausting day to a scrumptious meal wafting throughout the house that's all ready to serve!

    - down a total of 25 lbs!

    ReplyDelete