Monday, June 30, 2014

Juice Cleanse Day 1

Currently I'm on a 3 day juice cleanse. Seriously. Let me back up though.

For sooooooooooo many months, soooo many people have been talking about juicing... and I scoffed at all of it. Like, "Ew, that looks gross, look at the consistency, that contraption costs how much?!" etc. And even when Jenna made Ashley and me a delicious smoothie, I was not so thrilled with the texture of the drink.

So fast-forward to last week: post-vacation, start of summer break, and Ashley proposed the idea of a cleanse to me. I said sure, I'd be interested in trying one. She said it would be $150 to order the stuff online, and I flipped. There was no way I was going to pay for some stuff online. I wanted to get my stuff at the grocery store, because if I like them, I wanted to be able to easily access all the ingredients again.

So we agree to find recipes online, and I bit the bullet and got the bullet. Biggest LOL ever. I am hysterical, obviously.



Currently I'm staring at my second juice of the day (3 per day, with all the water you want). It is a color combo of green, blue and grey. It has spinach, banana, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, pear and flax and chia seeds in it. I truly can't believe I'm drinking this stuff. It's thick, but it's supposed to cleanse my insides, give me more energy, raise my metabolism and possibly help shed pounds.

I am happy to report that I am not hungry. I also don't have a headache from the lack of caffeine (which I was expecting, since I drink diet coke like it's going out of style). I don't feel sleepy, I worked out this am and went to the pool with birthday girl Bridget, and I've learned that if I use a straw, it works better. I am also not hangry, which is really beneficial for everyone around me.

I would however be more than happy to eat any of the following, though not necessarily in this order: cheezits, chocolate, a burger, a hot dog, cheese, salad, a hoagie, pasta salad, and really anything and everything crunchy.

I will continue to post for the next two days, and if this is a positive experience, hopefully I'll come back, read this, and do it again. Fortunately, I'm doing this cleanse with Ashley and Mac, so I think that makes it easier.

Also, I have to go to the grocery store to get more fruit, and I'm very nervous. I am not even going to go through any aisles, and I will use my tunnel vision.







No comments:

Post a Comment