Friday, February 15, 2013

I broke my fall.

My weight's been fluctuating, but I listed my weight on Wednesday, bc that's what I think it actually is. We are doing a Biggest Loser contest at school, and according to the nurse's records, I lost weight. It's a nice confirmation, even though the first time I weighed with shoes on and the second time I weighed with shoes off. I think I lost weight regardless of the shoes.

Anyways, this post is about how I broke my fall.

The day was Thursday, February 14, 2013. A great, chilly night for a Valentine's Day date. After meeting in the parking lot at Columbia Mall, exchanging presents, and seeing the ultimate romantic movie ("A Good Day to Die Hard"), Mac and I were walking to our cars. Two people obviously in love, crossing the street outside of all the restaurants and the theater. Well, you know I had to make this beautiful moment even better, so naturally, I did. Unbeknownst to me, there was a sizely hole in the sidewalk, and it sent me tumbling backwards. I waved my arms backwards, like opposite butterfly, and went boom, boom and boom. I fell on my tush, shoved my right palm down behind me, and my spine rolled back on the pavement, with the head lightly touching the ground. "Shit!!!"

I laid there, very confused as to what happened. Mac came right down to my face, saying, "Baby, are you ok?" Four guys standing outside Champps asked if I was ok. I kept cursing at myself, and I apologized profusely, to everyone and no one in particular. My lovely lady hump was in pain. My hand hurt a lot, but it wasn't bleeding. Mac pulled me up, and I pointed to the hole in the sidewalk, as if to say it wasn't my fault. I wasn't drunk! I wasn't in heels! This is absurd! I shouldn't have fallen!

We drove home to continue our romantic evening by ordering Mama Lucia's pizza and watching the Caps game. I realized something on the way home. I broke my fall. No, literally, I broke my own fall. I don't drink milk, so I can't blame good bones on that. I can blame my padding. Actually, I should thank my padding. If I wasn't so, um, "voluptuous" (ha), I could have probably done some real damage. My tush is bruised and so is my hand, but I'm 100% ok. No broken bones, no sprains or strains, nothing. Except of course embarrassment, and completely shock and confusion to falling down, on my butt on Valentine's Day.

So, Happy Belated Valentine's Day everyone. I hope your day was as romantic as mine, and I hope your body is as good to you and mine is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment