Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Babbling.

My last blog wasn’t so hot. It was kind of mean and a little snarky. Please forgive me. I wasn’t doing the best, emotionally, when I wrote it, and it showed. If I offended anyone, I’m so, so, sorry. It’s never my goal. Anyways, moving on…
· I would be lost without the support of Mac.
· I would be lost without the support of my family.
· I would be lost without the support of my friends.
· I love a good supportive sports bra.
· Sometimes I think I should find something to support my rear when I work out.
· I’ve thought about spanx, but who wears spanx to the gym?!
· Like in Seinfeld, Kramer came up with the bro. (Bra for dudes.)
· This could be the bra + butt = brutt. I’m sure I’ll become a millionare.
· I am sometimes judgmental, and it’s something I continuously work on.
· Karma visits me often, in many forms. As it should.
· You think I’d learn from my mistakes, but I’m human.
· I worked out three times last week. It’s the first week I’ve missed the 4x mark.
· I hope to work out 5x this week to make up for this past week.
· I was irresponsible with my medicine a week ago, and missed 3 days of pills.
· I was really “off” for a few days, and was doing everything I could to make myself feel better.
· I made homemade chocolate chip cookies and you know I ate them.
· I almost cried in the grocery store bc the strawberries all had mold in them. Ewww.
· On Sunday, the gym was really, really hard.
· Even though the gym was really hard, I made it through my workout.
· I am a fan of Michelle Obama’s campaign for working out 60 minutes a day. It makes sense.
· I’ve been really bad with recording my food. I can’t decide if I should keep trying to record food.
· Sometimes, I try to combine diets.
· Like, oooh, Atkins says you can eat cheese, so I can eat all the cheese I want.
· Then I’ll change it up, to, one hershey’s kiss is 1 point on Weight Watchers.
· Combining diets is not cool, Megan. Stop it.
· I often have a mental battle with myself about which is better: eat well, or work out.
· Why do I think it should be one or the other? Shouldn’t it be both?
· I am more flexible, physically.
· I can’t wait for my clothes to feel loose, or fit better.
· I don’t want to be one of those girls who talks about losing weight all the time, and never does.
· If I go up one more size, I won’t be able to shop in my favorite store, Gap. Maybe online.
· Why chance it? Just go down in size.
· I don’t want to be considered a “big girl,” “fat” or “unhealthy.”
· Nothing is wrong with being any of those often rude labels, but in my opinion, my frame isn’t meant to handle this much weight.
· 1 of my biggest problems right now is knowing that I am too big for my frame.
· Another of my biggest problems is knowing that I’m not healthy right now.
· I’m tired of being paranoid if someone happens to glance at my stomach.
· When I lost weight before, I remember driving and not lopping over my jeans.
· That is a fantastic memory.
· I giggle a little bit every time I get on the bike and select the band, Queen.
· The first song of Queen I listen to is “Fat Bottomed Girls.” Ironic, isn’t it.
· In Bossypants by Tina Fey, she shares that when she was overweight, she was ironing in her underwear and accidentally grazed her belly with the iron.
· That made me laugh so hard.
· I have split a couple pairs of pants in my lifetime.
· I usually split pants on the inside thigh of my left leg. At least it’s not in the tush.
· My wedding dress was something insane like a size 22.
· I say insane, because that’s about 6 sizes bigger than what I was at the time.
· Apparently this happens with lots of wedding dresses.
· Who wants to buy something so much bigger in size than what they actually are?!
· Way to give someone a complex.
· My wedding dress was more expensive bc they needed to use extra fabric due to the size.
· I was really ashamed about that.
· My parents, God bless them, took that information without batting an eyelash.
· They paid for my wedding dress, another one of the million things I’m eternally grateful for.
· I loved my wedding dress and I think I looked pretty good in it, though I wish I’d had better posture the day of my wedding.
· The big, poofy dresses are not for me. I looked so ridiculous in them. Like a cupcake.
· Sometimes I have double chinS in pictures.
· Sometimes I am surprised at my size when I pass the mirror at the gym.
· I almost always want instant gratification.
· If my face isn’t red after my workouts, I haven’t worked hard enough.
· If my rings don’t spin while on the elliptical, I’m not working hard enough.
· That’s not masochism speaking, it’s the truth.
· I know what hard work is, and I know what happens to me when I work hard. I sweat, and my rings spin. I think it’s hot.
· I’ve dealt with 3 pimples on my face in one day. Some more are scattered on my arms and legs.
· I think it’s from the sweat, and so I’ll gladly take them.
· TMI, I remember the first time I needed powder on my thighs.
· I went on the longest walk on the beach ever with my friend Tim.
· I came back, and my thighs hurt. This was new to me.
· I went into the condo and put LOTION on my thighs.
· I came back out, sat next to Kendra and told her my problem.
· She laughed when I said I used lotion.
· She introduced me to powder and my life has never been the same.
· This was all so very random, and I apologize if you got all the way to the end of it.
· Sometimes, I literally can’t form paragraphs. It happens when I’m tired.
· Thank you everyone for your support. The emails, fb messages, text messages, comments, likes, phone calls and personal conversations. They all mean so much to me. Please know that.

3 comments:

  1. - Sometimes, you just need a beach trip to trash talk ridic teens with your friend Mary. (Hint, hint)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re-read your fabulous, funny Blog--you can drop 10 by Easter when you will be beaching and boating with us-you will be proud and feel great that you did accomplish it! This is not tough love but reinforcement of what you want, and talk about, and write about!! Go Megan, Go Megan!!!!!
    30 will be here sooner than you think! Oh no-does that mean that I'll be ????? With you every day!! Miss our talks!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that day too! That entire trip was awesome...even with powder on our thighs! :) don't you dare give up...and when you occasionally give in, don't beat yourself up..but try your best to do better next time and just keep moving forward...and call me, I'll always tell it like it is, NEVER put lotion on areas of friction! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete